Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lucky Green



I am completely in love with MAC's Lucky green! I bought it last October, wore it one and completely forgot about it. It is the most beautiful light green with yellow shimmer. Today, I decided to use it to do just a simple look with a soft brown and some black liner. What do you think?




On another note, this is one of my favorite palettes in the whole world... but it's a little tricky to get the color as vibrant as it looks in the pan.



Normally, I would either use my handy-dandy Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) or a white base like NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I have about 10 different primers and decided to do a swatch test to see which of the ones I use most will make the color more vibrant.


I decided to use the teal color for the swatch test.

in order from left to right: No primer, UDPP, concealer, Benefit Stay Dont Stray primer, NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil, LA Splash Eyeshadow primer/sealer.


Isn't that crazy, the LA Splash primer is more vibrant, but dang near imposible to blend shadows! Oh well, guess I'll have to use a white shadow and then layer the color ontop so I can blend it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment